Medline National Sales Support Hub is Latest Example of Company’s Growth and Impact in Illinois
Company invests in long-term impact through employees, infrastructure and programs
By Medline Newsroom Staff | March 4, 2020
Healthcare is rapidly evolving. And when you’re in the business of ensuring clinicians and facilities across the continuum of care have what they need to treat those in their care, you need a pipeline of talent that can deliver. Today, Medline announced plans to open a national sales support center in Libertyville, Ill. to intensify its focus on collaboration to support growing customer needs.
Nearly 600 employees spanning a dozen specialized teams will make the move later this year. Functions support the entire continuum of care, including hospitals, nursing homes, physician offices, labs, hospice and home care. This comes on the heels of a remarkable 2019 where Medline experienced 19% revenue growth based on prime vendor distribution contracts signed, significant product division growth and growing market share across all sales segments.
“Increasingly, healthcare providers look to Medline for customized solutions. We’ve expanded the teams that create, design and support our customers, and this investment in Lake County is the next step in creating a center of collaboration that focuses on making healthcare run better,” says Charlie Mills, chief executive officer, Medline.
For Medline, growth in Lake and Cook Counties is thriving:
- Medline currently operates offices, distribution centers and manufacturing facilities in eight locations
- Medline has broken ground on a $125 million distribution center project in Grayslake, Ill. that will add another 250 jobs. This larger facility will nearly double the size of the current center in Libertyville and replace it once completed.
- Medline has increased the number of jobs in the Chicagoland area by 34 percent, growing from more than 3,450 local employees at the end of 2017 to 4,650 as of January 1, 2020.
Supporting Long-Term Stewardship
In addition to investments in talent, Medline is committed to helping communities in which they work, live or serve:
- Community impact: Medline and its employees have donated more than $550,000 to the American Heart Association (AHA) by raising funds for the AHA Heart Walk hosted at Medline’s headquarters in Northfield, Ill.; $150,000 to United Way of Lake County; 3,600 volunteer hours at Feed My Starving Children to pack 805,000 meals for 2,200 undernourished children worldwide; nearly 700 pints of blood in 2019.
- Environmental sustainability: Recently completed the installation of nearly 3,000 solar panels at its headquarters.
- Global health: Since launching a formal program in 2017, more than 100 employees have participated in global service trips to bring insights from working with the world’s top health systems to the communities that need it most. As part of these efforts, the company works in partnership with locally-based non-profits.
Learn more about how Medline is contributing to the healthcare industry and in communities they serve.