Medline Corporate Social Responsibility Report recaps extraordinary year
PPE donations, expanded sustainability efforts, continued global health education and medical supply contributions among 2020 highlights
By Medline Newsroom Staff | August 31, 2021
2020 was a year of tremendous health, social and economic challenges, and for Medline’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, an unprecedented opportunity to contribute to the places, people and causes most in need of assistance.
This extraordinary year and CSR achievements are recapped in Medline’s new Corporate Social Responsibility 2020 Report. The report focuses on accomplishments in six core areas: Global Health, Community Impact, Sustainability, Inclusion & Diversity, and Employee Health & Well-being.
The highlights of Medline’s 2020 CSR efforts, include:
- Launching the new Medline CARES program to address social determents of health. The program donated more than 150,000 reusable face masks to residents in Chicago, Laredo, Texas, and other communities hit hardest by the pandemic.
- Donating medical products, valued at approximately $4.7 million, to international healthcare facilities serving 62 countries.
- Contributing more than $1 million to organizations working to advance social justice.
- Introducing a Green Product Portfolio of eco-friendly healthcare products.
- Continuing to invest in renewable energy with the goal of tripling Medline’s solar energy portfolio by the start of 2022.
- Diverting more than 1 million pounds of medical product waste from landfills through the ReNewal device reprocessing program.
“While many elements of our lives were put on hold due to the pandemic, positively contributing to social determinants of health in low-resource communities locally and around the world remained as important as ever,” according to the CSR 2020 Report “Message from our leaders,” signed by Medline President Andy Mills, Chief Executive Officer Charlie Mills and Chief Operating Officer Jim Abrams. “Throughout this 2020 Social Responsibility Report, you’ll see examples of ways Medline worked to positively impact those communities and help make a lasting impact for the future.”
“We’re focused on addressing the social and environmental conditions that impact a person’s health and well-being – so that all people have the opportunity to lead a healthy life, regardless of their circumstances,” said Francesca Olivier, senior director, social responsibility, at Medline. “Corporate responsibility is the fabric of who we are, and we use our agility and scale to make change happen. Our work and our mission – to make our communities and our planet healthier, stronger and more sustainable – will continue in 2021 and beyond.”
Learn more about Medline’s CSR program.