WESTON, FLORIDA: Blackmaple Group today announced Women’s Health Administrative and Purchasing Alliance, a new branch of Blackmaple Group specializing in women’s health. WHAAPA delivers administrative and purchasing expertise to independent provider groups, enabling financial stability and supporting the success of practices specializing in women’s health.
Membership is free to providers and open to private practices across the spectrum of women’s health, including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology, Urogynecology, and Gynecological Oncology.
“Building on BMG’s successful purchasing program, we wanted to recognize that we’ve become the largest OBGYN purchasing group in the nation, with some 3,500 women’s health clients among our 11,000 or so providers,” said Jeffrey Gold, CEO of Blackmaple Group. “Launching the WHAAPA brand allows us to focus further on this critical market, grow our client base, and continue to negotiate best-in-class contracts for independent OBGYNs nationwide.”
The program is administered through exclusive partnerships with Medline Industries (for distribution and direct-to-manufacturer savings) and Intalere (for national brand contract administration and expertise).
“We’re thrilled to be the exclusive distributor for BMG’s new WHAAPA program,” said Scott Wakser, vice president of Physician Office Corporate Accounts at Medline. “Medline and BMG have been partnering since 2014 to help providers cut costs and drive efficiencies. We’re excited to see them expand their portfolio to encourage high quality care across women’s health.”
“We have enjoyed a successful and beneficial partnership with Blackmaple Group and Medline for many years and see this as a dynamic evolution that will further enhance and accelerate value to our members,” said Julia McAllister, SVP of Sales and Account Management, Intalere.
Member benefits of WHAAPA include:
- Access to business best practices and an industry-unique data set designed to make practices more efficient.
- Support from a nationwide peer network focused on excellence in business and administrative management in women’s health. This includes over 3,000 OBGYNs and sub-specialists, representing more than 10% of women’s health providers in the U.S.
- Best-in-class contract portfolio with the most important suppliers for OBGYNs including:
- Medical-Surgical: Medline industries (primary manufacturer and distributor partner).
- General Electric and Samsung (diagnostic imaging).
- IUD (Liletta).
- Vaso Technologies (PACS and other hardware and software solutions).
- Intalere (additional contracts and administrative support).
WHAAPA membership is open to any OBGYN or related practice in the United States and is free to providers. For more information on WHAAPA, visit https://blackmaplegroup.com/whaapa/.
About Blackmaple Group: BMG is all about creating efficiencies in everyday operations. As an industry leader in group purchasing and supply chain management for independent providers, BMG has built a unique model leveraging deep consulting expertise, an extensive and class-leading contract portfolio and an exclusive partnership with one of the nation’s largest medical manufacturer-distributors (Medline Industries). BMG’s purchasing alliance counts over 10,000 providers, who typically save 20% or more on supplies by joining the program.