Infection Prevention – Beyond Becker’s Top 100
By Medline Newsroom Staff | April 22, 2019
Infection prevention is a constantly evolving element of overall patient safety and satisfaction efforts at hospitals around the country. Becker’s Hospital Review recently published a list of 100 top infection prevention products to know in 2019, including two created by Medline. Given the growing interest in standardized, effective infection prevention, here’s an overview of innovative products that help prevent the spread of germs and keep patients safe.
1. Solaris Lytbot. The Lybot’s “no touch” technology is a Xenon Pulsed UV Disinfection System that kills pathogens in seconds. The high frequency bulb flash rate delivers disinfection energy across the entire spectrum of light to the environment to help rapidly destroy vegetative and spore forming pathogens left behind on high touch surfaces after manual cleaning.
2. Micro-Kill One.* Utilizes an alcohol and quat-based active ingredients solution effective against many microorganisms on hard non-porous surfaces, including hard to kill organisms like Tuberculosis and Norovirus, with one minute contact time.
3. Micro-Kill AF2 Wipes.* Single-use wipes infused with a quat-based solution made without bleach or alcohol added. They are EPA registered effective against many microorganisms with 2 minute contact time.
4. Micro-Kill Bleach Germicidal Bleach Wipes.* Pre-moistened with solution equivalent to a 1:10 bleach solution, Micro-Kill Bleach Germicidal Bleach Wipes are effective on glucose meters, patient care equipment, point-of-care equipment and hard, non-porous healthcare surfaces. Effective against even C. difficile spores, the leading cause of infections world-wide.**
5. AccuPoint ATP Monitoring System. The AccuPoint ATP monitoring system is based on the measurement of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), a substance found in all living cells. By offering reliable results, the system and its unique data management software helps not only document the cleanliness of a facility, but also spot trends that help guide training and protocol.
6. Micro-Kill NQ5. Micro-Kill NQ5 is a concentrated quaternary disinfectant with a neutral pH that is specifically designed for disinfecting floors in one easy step. Its 5 minute contact time helps EVS staff achieve quick room turnover and the neutral pH makes this solution uniquely friendly to disinfect floors.
7. Erase Pathogens. ERASE Pathogens Surface Disinfection System combines product, process, education, and outcomes reporting to reduce soil levels and enhance the cleanliness and safety levels of surfaces in a healthcare setting. Featuring the Clean by Sequence method, ERASE Pathogens standardizes the cleaning process in patient rooms to ensure that every surface is cleaned every time.
Learn more about Medline’s innovative and intuitive infection prevention solutions.
*Refer to product label for additional information on usage, contact times, and the list of microorganisms this product kills.
** This product is for the exterior surfaces of Blood Glucose Meters and is not for use on the needle and/or the monitors.